Who uses jammr.net ?

Collaborate on tunes with other forum members! Anything goes!

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

wjl
Establlshed Member

Re: Who uses jammr.net ?

Postby wjl » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:37 am

forestandgarden wrote:Making cash out of other folks creativity...

As far as I understood it, there are free downloads if you just wait. I think it was 5 days or so. And yes, they 'encourage' people to pay, but then again, it's a small fee like 5€/month - that's more or less money needed to keep a server like that running. I think our own small virtual server costs double of that, and it wouldn't have much space for projects with audio...

Let's see how I think once my free upgraded month is over. Until now I'm impressed by the quality of stuff there. And the way I think about it - until now - is that you'd also have to pay a bit of rent for a rehearsal room in real life - with the difference that you wouldn't have musicians from all over the world coming to your jams there...

The host is a bass player who've built his own double bass. Impressive; couldn't do that.

Cheers,
Wolfgang
more about me on my blog

tavasti
Establlshed Member

Postby tavasti » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:09 am

flappix wrote:Hi,
is anyone here who uses https://jammr.net ?
Its a program for live online jams and it works very well, even with a bad internet connection.
It's a standalone application with jack support.

Would be nice if someone is interested in a linuxmusicians jam, so let if me know if you would like to join :)

Haven't known that before, but indeed, looks interesting. I don't have time to travel playing together with someone, but such online opportunity might be nice. But another problem is that I'm not so good player, and even worse on hearing on what scale / chords / notes others are playing.

So answer to your question, I would like, but I suppose I still need to learn more to be able...

How it looks like, is there sessions available nearly all the time?
Linux veteran & Novice musician

flappix
Establlshed Member

Postby flappix » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:36 pm

Yeah, there are always 2 public sessions anybody can join.

You don't have to be a good player, I'm also not very good. You can chose a very low tempo, so it's not too hard. There is also a chat where you can settle on a harmonic context / a chord progression. Even with one or two basic chords you can have a lot of fun.

And since jammr supports jack, you don't have to use the guitar, you can also kick in a beat from hydrogen or use a synthesizer.

Would be nice to meet you on an online jam :)

42low
Establlshed Member

Postby 42low » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:38 pm

Ow boys. I jam with the greatest in the world. Guns 'n roses, Metallica, BMTH, Queen, Stones, U2, you name them.
If i want to jam i put on a cd .... and i seem to jam great as they never complain :mrgreen:

tavasti
Establlshed Member

Postby tavasti » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:26 pm

flappix wrote:Yeah, there are always 2 public sessions anybody can join.

You don't have to be a good player, I'm also not very good. You can chose a very low tempo, so it's not too hard. There is also a chat where you can settle on a harmonic context / a chord progression. Even with one or two basic chords you can have a lot of fun.

And since jammr supports jack, you don't have to use the guitar, you can also kick in a beat from hydrogen or use a synthesizer.

Would be nice to meet you on an online jam :)

Ok, I'll try it when I have time. For right now I know I won't have any possibility to join before sunday.
Linux veteran & Novice musician

khz
Establlshed Member

Postby khz » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:40 am

FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
    I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.

Return to “Virtual Music Projects”